You bought all of your school supplies and some cool gear, but is your mouth ready for the new school year?
Sometimes, we don’t notice if we have bad breath, which can really affect getting that new position in an organization or job, talking to that cute person in your class, securing a date, or even keeping your friends! (Let’s hope your friends will let you know if you have bad breath.) But, if their breath is stale too, then your clique will be known as the Dragon Breath Gang, and that’s definitely not cool.
So, I am going to give you some signs of bad breath. If you have any of these signs (even one!) it’s time to visit your dentist.
What are the signs of bad breath?
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss your teeth.
- Red, swollen or tender gums.
- Plaque and tarter buildup around your gums (look on the inside of your bottom teeth).
- Noticing people divert their heads, holding their breath and covering their nose while you are talking.
- Funny taste in your mouth even after brushing and rinsing.
- The need to chew gum or suck on mints multiple times throughout the day.
- Gums that have receded or shrunken away from your teeth.
- Pus between your teeth when you press your gums with your finger.
- Pain when chewing.
Ignoring the signs of bad breath can lead to serious gum disease.
You do not need to lose your teeth to gum disease. If caught early gum disease can be reversed with proper care.
This post is not only meant for my readers who are in school. If you think you have the signs of bad breath, please visit me sooner rather than later.
Don’t be tagged as the one with “Dragon Breath”.